New Contractor Application Form
Information that may be required
- Company registration
- VAT registration
- 3 years company accounts
- Status for purposes for HMRC CIS scheme and UTR
- Gas Safe registration
- NICEIC registration
- Membership of and trade or self certificating body (e.g FENSA)
- Any references from persons whom you have recently carried out work of a similar character to the work proposed.
- Details of projects where you have recently worked which we might be able to inspect.
- Copy of employers and public liability insurance or other proof of insurance that your insurer may provide.
- Details of persons with overall responsibility for health & safety (including competency, qualifications and experience).
- Contractors Health & Safety Policy as required by the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Samples of construction risk assessments and Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans.
- Principal contractor’s procedures for assessing risk, noise and COSHH hazards and producing safety method statements including additional procedures for identifying hazards on site not recorded in Health & Safety Plan.
- Principal contractor’s records of notifiable incidents that have occurred and enforcement action taken against the contractor over the past 3 years.
- Procedures for ensuring adequate maintenance and safety of tools and machinery. Procedures for ensuring adequate training of staff and use of tools and machinery.
- Procedure for ensuring all staff are adequately trained and assessing competence of all staff and sub-contractors. Details of health and safety training undertaken.
- Record of all accidents and ill-health occurring on site and procedures and records (Riddor). The information we will require depends on your circumstances and the type of work you undertake. For a sole trader undertaking cleaning or gardening we may require very little information but a main contractor, undertaking large building contracts, will need to provide most of this information. We need this information to determine if you are suitable to work with Hamways Ltd and to ensure that you can work safely in the buildings we manage.